- Individuals, families, professionals, and legislators can positively effect change.
- Peer and family supports should be adequately funded.
- Consumer choice should be equitable in all regions of the state by developing a model to access private services through individual vouchers.
- Avoid overuse of correction systems due to lack of mental health care.
- Treatment should be recovery-focused.
- A proper checks and balances model.
- A choice of home and community-based services to avoid institutional care.
Mental Health Advocacy Network (MHAN) is a grassroots organization created to highlight issues and bring awareness to mental health service needs in North Dakota.